Welcome to Nutrition Services!
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!
The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
FOOD DELIVERY/PICK-UP INFORMATION
We are thrilled to announce that thanks to some late Federal funding, breakfast and lunch will be FREE for ALL students. This service will be available until the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Breakfast and lunch will be available to all students, regardless if they are learning in-person or remotely, and families will not need to pre-order. Menus are available at www.csdmeals.org. If the student is learning in-person, meals will be available for every student in the classroom, however, they can also choose not to have a meal. Unfortunately, we will not be selling ala carte items to start the year. We hope to be able to add this option in the future. For remote learners, we will be using our school buses to deliver meals to 20 locations throughout Colchester, Monday - Friday. Details with pick up locations and times are listed below.
We know not every student will want a meal and to mitigate wasting food, we are going to make our best guess at how many meals to prepare for our buildings and for delivery. We thank you in advance for being patient with us as we calibrate our numbers during the first couple weeks of school.
We don’t know how long this funding will last, so we still encourage families to apply for free/reduced meals. The application is quick and easy. You can access the application at https://www.myschoolapps.com. The application is available in: English, Spanish (Español), Arabic (العربية), French (Français), Filipino (Tagalog), Vietnamese (tiếng Việt) and Chinese (Mandarin (官話). The paper application is available in Nepali (नेपाली).
Remote Meal Delivery Routes: Times and Locations
Meal Bus #1 (West Route)
- 10:35 - Parking lot across the street from Mazza’s General Store
- Near the gas pumps
- 10:55 - Thayer Beach/Rossetti Natural Area
- 11:15 - Airport Park
- 11:35 - Porters Point School
- 12:00 - Price Chopper
- Over by the old bank, furthest away from the store.
Meal Bus #2 (East Route)
- 10:35 - Bay Road/Granite Creek Road
- Near the mailboxes by Stone Drive
- 11:05 - Intersection of Julie Dr/Jeffrey Dr.
- 11:25 - McGuillicuddys
- 11:55 - Westbury Park
- At the main office
- 12:10 - Oak Terrace
- Near the mailboxes
Meal Bus #3 (North Route)
- 10:45 - Burnham Library
- 11:15 - Union Memorial School
- 11:35 - Breezy Acres on Creek Farm Road
- Behind the Breezy Acres sign at the entrance of 4th Street
- 11:50 - Justin Morgan Drive/Hollow Creek Drive
- Near the community pool
- 12:20 - Clay Point Fire Station
Meal Bus #4 (South Route and CHS)
- 10:35 - Abigail Drive/Carriage Way off of Malletts Bay Ave
- 10:50 - Morehouse Drive
- Near the community center and playground
- 11:15 - Winchester Plac
- At the office on Douglas Drive
- 11:30 - Ethan Allen Ave
- Near the Early Learning Center
- 12:05 - Colchester High School
- Rear/side parking lot loop near the entrance to the athletic fields